Wednesday 23 January 2013

Day 2 of the 20 Days of Gold Making

2. If you set yourself a goal, what was your goal & at what point did you set it?


My first goal was 2000g in Vanilla. 
 I know that doesn’t sound like a lot today but back in vanilla it was epic land mount and riding skill for my mage and warrior and was kind of a big deal. Only a handful of people in my guild had an epic mount and you could really see the difference and it was a pretty big status symbol.
Looking back I realise now gold making wasn’t something a lot of people did however I really liked to min max during raids ( aka topping the dps meters) so I would spend lots of gold for every raid I was in.
I’m not the biggest fan of inflation in wow, not many gold makers are, but I can see the need to have some inflation because it lets people catch up. I had a very good vanilla but changing realms near the end of vanilla and playing a tri-spec shaman (pve heals, pve dps, pvp heals) meant I never accumulated a lot of gold during BC, it wasn’t until Wotlk where I felt I had caught up and got to 600k and near the end of Cataclysm when I hit three million gold. 
 My next goal is four million gold and i'm around 400k short of that currently.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, 4 million. LOL, I have been playing since day 1 and the most gold I ever had was what I have now - 140,000. Not sure how you do it, but I do take off me helm to you.

    -roo

    ReplyDelete